We understand that the recent news and uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 situation may have caused you to think about healthcare in a broader context, particularly when considering how to maintain your health and safety (and the health and safety of others) during a visit to your medical provider.
During these challenging times, we are planning on staying open to serve our patients and community for essential medial visits (non-essential visits are currently being rescheduled). Please be aware that we have enhanced our preparedness plan to protect Pure Dermatology patients and our staff from infection.
The intent of this plan is to provide ongoing medical services, in a conscientious manner, while reducing our patients’ exposure to other patients who might be infected and protecting our staff from patients who might be infected.
In accordance with the guidelines set out by the CDC and other health authorities, we are taking the following precautions in our office:
Office Containment: Minimizing the Risk of Viral Spread
- We are encouraging our patients to follow the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices.
- We are asking those who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have knowledge of being in recent close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 to refrain from entering our facility. Please contact your primary care provider for advice on corona testing.
- We are asking patients to cancel any upcoming appointments if they have any signs of illness – whether these are symptoms are consistent with COVID-19 or not.
- Patients or parents of patients that enter our clinic who are clearly ill will be asked to kindly leave and will be rescheduled.
- We ask that you come to your appointment alone. If the appointment is for your child, we ask that only one parent accompany your child.
- We do offer you the opportunity to wait in your car for your appointment. We will contact you via phone when your provider is ready to see you.
- All reading material has been removed from treatment rooms.
- We are enhancing our ability to provide on-line telemedicine visits and will keep you informed on its availability.
- Our team continues to disinfect hard surfaces frequently throughout the day and sanitizes pens after each use.
- Treatment room and office cleaning has continued according to OSHA Standards.
- Expect to see providers wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks, gowns and gloves while seeing patients to minimize the risk of viral spread to our staff and between patients.
- Our team is closely monitoring their own health and well-being.
If you have any questions about your upcoming appointment or about our standards and procedures, please do not hesitate to reach out. We look forward to continuing to treat our patients and protect our team during these challenging times.
Teresa Mann, MD, FAAD & the Pure Dermatology Team